Sunday, November 19, 2006

A really neat greyhound comic

Here's a really cool comic strip that appeared in The Hamilton Spectator on Saturday, Novembrer 4th(November 5th for those American Sunday papers).

Its from the "Mutts" comic strip, and accurately chronicles the life - and after-life - of a racing greyhound. I post this is in dedication to our very own Dinsdale and hope I'm not breaking too many copyright laws.
In case you can't read the text (it shows up really small), here's what the greyhound says in each frame:
1. Shelter Stories: "Flash"
2. I'm a greyhound, a racing greyhound.
3. I spent the first three years of my life either in a cage or out racing. Racing, racing, racing.
4. I always lost.
5. I was determined "useless" and was to be "weeded out".
6. Then a greyhound rescue group saved me and found me a loving home and family.
7. I raced to their open arms.
8. I finally won.

No comments:

Post a Comment